One of the key ingredients of a great shaving experience is undoubtedly a shaving cream, regardless of whether you are using an electric shaver or a traditional shaver.
The shaving creams let you easier shaving process, achieving not only a pleasant feeling but also helping the skin to become softer and the pores open, so makes easier the task of shaving.
To achieve everything we have said before you need to know the best shaving creams on the market, to be able to choose a shaving cream that protects you and prevents the skin from becoming irritated with the razor blades.
With a lot of products on the market, it can be a bit daunting to find the best shaving cream for you. But forget the fear, as in this article we will address in great detail all aspects of what a quality shaving cream does, along with extensive examples of some of the best products there are. Come on!
- 1 Tips for choosing a good foam
- 2 List of 07 Best Shaving Creams For Wet Electric Shaver
- 3 Shaving Creams – How Do They Work?
- 4 How much money should I spend on my shaving foam?
Tips for choosing a good foam
To know which shaving foam you should buy you must take into account some recommendations, such as the different models and characteristics of each:
- Check the components of the formula: When you go to buy your shaving foam, worry about selecting the components of the foam formula. Also, consider if they have chemicals that can cause irritation or discomfort of any kind. This way you can save yourself from a bad experience.
- Consider the type of beard: One of the best ways to know if the foam is for you, is testing it with your type of beard. There are beards that are usually thicker or harder to work, so you should consider whether the foam is for you depending on the results you have when shaving. So, you will know which foam suits you best.
- The amount of foam: The foam itself is an extremely bulky product and that is not needed too much to give you an impeccable shave. This is certainly an advantage because it allows you to save much more on a product than other resources. Therefore, you will always use the right amount of foam for you.
- Check vitamins and minerals: Nowadays, most foams have different natural components that enrich it and help your beard as a shave stay flawless and healthy by contributing to the health of your skin. I recommend that you opt for those that have vitamins and minerals for the best results.
- They do not have irritating agents: This is very important and part of several points described above, so I place so much emphasis on you. Some brands that are not very recognized use agents such as parabens and paraffin that irritate the skin considerably. Better go for those who have natural elements and oils to save you the bad time.
List of 07 Best Shaving Creams For Wet Electric Shaver
Cremo Cooling Shave Cream
Astonishing performance, superior ingredients, and dramatic results. Just think about a barbershop and the people who work there. There’s an acute attention to detail. There are pride, professionalism, and passion.
Cremo is an exceptional shave cream. Why? Many shave creams and gels are filled with air. Not exactly the best lubricant. Cremo is concentrated with unique molecules that become impossibly slick when mixed with water. You’ll enjoy a clean, comfortable shave and astonishingly smooth skin while fighting nicks, razor burn, and irritation.
Cremo Barber Grade Shave Cream creates an ultra-slick surface so your blade can glide effortlessly over skin. No matter what kind of blade you use.
- Superior shaving cream that fights nicks and razor burn, while giving you a close, comfortable shave
- Contains unique, impossibly slick molecules, allowing your razor to glide effortlessly over your skin to leave skin feeling smooth
- Contains peppermint and menthol to cool and invigorate your skin
- Made with the best, natural ingredients including Macadamia Seed Oil, Aloe, Calendula Extract, Lemon Extract, Papaya Extract, and Olive Leaf Extract
- 90 Day Supply. Paraben-Free. Not tested on animals.
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl
There are very few online reviews that did not list the Sandalwood shaving cream in their best shaving cream collection.
We also found this cream very worthy and it deserves the top of the line.
While considering customer’s reaction about this product, this made a record of more than 4,700 customer reviews.
And almost all the customers are very delightful using this product. Its average rating is 4.5 out of 5 among the 4,706 customer reviews.
- The cream helps prepare your beard for shaving and moisturizes your face
- A classic fragrance with top notes of geranium, lavender, rosemary and liquid amber supported by a heart of carnation, fern and orange blossom resting on a sumptuous base of patchouli, sandalwood, powdery musk, and rock rose
- The cream contains a plastic bowl making lathering easy, Sandalwood shaving cream bowl
- Product normal consistency is that of a cream and is recommended to be stored at room temperature, 59 degrees Fahrenheit to 77 degrees Fahrenheit The cream may reposition during shipping as the manufacturer has left space between cream and top of the container
- Manufacturer recommend using within 12 months after opening
Jack Black, Beard Lube Conditioning Shave Set
This shaving cream made a place in our recommendations because of its versatility and quality. This suits all of your grooming need like pre-shave conditioning, shaving and after shaving freshness.
- The shaving cream holds moisture to provide you a smooth shave.
- It is a very suitable product for sensitive skin.
- This shaving cream contains phospholipids that are the rich source of essential fatty acids that moisturizes the skin.
- Its other ingredients are Macadamia nut oil, jojoba oil as well as glycerin which help the blade glide over the skin and protect the skin during the shave.
- It also contains – peppermint, eucalyptus, and menthol for refresh and revives the skin.
- Peppermint works as an anti-Bacterial agent and improves skin health.
- Most of the black men have sensitive skin and this cream is hypoallergenic and fragrance-free.
- It prevents rashes, poison oak or poison ivy. The product is a combination of a bunch of natural components, so there is no risk of side effects.
- This shaving cream is tasted by the dermatologist and found very healthy for the skin.
The lube conditioning shaving cream is made without fragrance and alcohol. There is no colorant and made with only the vegan product. Perhaps, jack black beard lube conditioning shaving cream stands to be the best for the black man.
Pre Shave After Shave Lotion Cream
Freelette is the latest innovation in the realm of shaving, and it makes shaving using an electric razor more efficient compared to a manual shave.
Actually, electric razors already permit men to shave quicker compared to using standard or traditional shavers, and we all know that a quick shave diminishes the risk of cuts and nicks.
Freelette is manufactured using herbal extracts of Palmetto and Papaya, and they’re both well-known ingredients when it comes to protecting and disinfecting the skin.
- Freelette is an electric preshave and aftershave solution lotion for a superior-close smooth shave.
- It is a 3 in 1 product that replaces: Shaving foams, soaps, Manual razors Aftershaves, creams or gel
- Freelette containing unique herbal extracts of Saw Palmetto and Bisabolol from Papaya fruit
- Balm improves skin balance and health with protective moisture leaving a soft and pleasant feeling.
- Freelette leaves skin soft and supple, with a light, protective lotion and a masculine odor
Cremo Original Shave Cream
Like most shavers, inventor and Stanford University Engineering graduate Mike Boone was not that satisfied with the dozens of shave creams he had tried over the years.
He kept getting annoying little cuts and was left with rough, agitated skin after each shave. He learned most shave “creams” and “gels” are actually foam – which is primarily air.
He also observed that high-end shave lotions claim to contain exotic ingredients that sound appealing but are in such small quantities that they simply do not have significant physical benefits.
The solution, Cremo Cream, has no air and no trace ingredients. It’s a rich cream made only from significant, noticeably beneficial ingredients.
It contains very unique, super-lubricating, highly-slippery molecules that have been specially compounded with other truly powerful skin conditioners.
Together, they make your blade glide smoothly over your skin like an ice skate; they make your hairs stick out and stand up straight so your blade cuts them more deeply, and they nourish and moisturize your skin.
Your skin will look and feel astonishingly soft and smooth. Your shave will last longer. Better than anything else you have ever used. Each tube is highly concentrated for a sixty-day supply.
- Dramatically reduces cuts, nicks, scrapes, and irritation.
- Leaves skin smooth and soft
- This product is so effective, most can comfortably shave against the grain for an even closer, longer-lasting shave. Formulated for men, it’s great for women’s legs too.
- Each tube contains approximately a 60 day supply.
- 3 Pack Value…The gift box included ready for wrapping!
Billy Jealousy Foamless Shaving Cream
Since 2004, Billy Jealousy has become an icon in the grooming industry for award-winning, cruelty-free formulas.
Hydroplane is a foamless, super-slick cream, so you can see where you’re shaving! The formula contains micro-silicone to provide outstanding razor glide. Natural fruit oils mimic the skin’s oils, thus replenishing and rehydrating skin as you shave.
A key ingredient in this cream is dimethicone, which is a silicone water-based oil that provides a super slick barrier over the skin that makes getting a close shave so much easier. Another key ingredient is derived from silica, a sand-like substance, that reduces your chances of razor drag and skin irritation.
What’s not on Billy Jealousy’s list of ingredients? Perfumes and alcohol, for starters. However, you will find natural fruit oils that provide excellent moisturizing and mild citrus and mint fragrance. Unlike some shave creams, it won’t dry up and just adding the occasional drop or two of water keeps it super slick for your entire shave.
NIVEA Men Sensitive Shaving Gel
- Developed especially for men with sensitive skin
- Formulated with natural, soothing Chamomile and Witch Hazel extracts, and enriched with Vitamin E
- Cares for the skin before you shave by softening the stubble for a close and comfortable shave
- Improves razor glide to help protect against micro cuts and shaving irritation
- Alcohol-free and dye-free
Shaving Creams – How Do They Work?
Although it seems a bit self-explanatory, it is important to explain everything in detail.
Shaving creams are soft and foamy substances that are applied to the face, usually with a shaving brush or simply using your hand. The main role of shaving cream is to provide lubrication and to soften the hard outer layer of hair called the cuticle while keeping it properly hydrated and nourished.
The cuticle gives facial hair its resistance and hot water, by itself, cannot do much to weaken its structure. Therefore, all quality shaving creams contain a certain class of alkaline substances capable of softening this peel (the most common is potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide).
By combining the hot water with the action of shaving cream, the cuticle components (which look like a stack of plastic cups) will begin to soften while the axis of the facial hair will absorb the water, making it easy for a shaver to cut to Through facial hair.
How much money should I spend on my shaving foam?
Let’s talk a little about prices now: how much do you need to spend on a good shaving foam? Here we tell you:
- Cheaper shaving foam (less than € 10) – These are the foams that you can acquire for daily use, however, it is important that you consider whether they have the necessary benefits to care for sensitive skin or susceptible to irritation.
- Better quality shaving foam (more than € 10) – They are usually foaming with better components, usually of the biotype, that do not affect the skin and come with different fragrances. In addition, its quantity is greater so you will have to make periodic purchases.